Taiwan Medical and Healthcare Reginal Partnership
National Cheng Kung University is a public research university located in Tainan, Taiwan. NCKU is one of the best comprehensive universities in Taiwan and a leader in promoting industry-academia cooperation. It has consistently been ranked as one of the top universities in Asia.
National Cheng Kung University Hospital（the Hospital）is a national hospital and was established in 1980. The Hospital was constructed in 1985 and formally opened to the public on June 12, 1988. The Hospital is a building of steel and cement with 12 floors above ground and two floors underground. The whole building area is 112,860 square meters, or 34,140 pings.The Hospital is with outstanding physicians at the Hospital, we provide medical, educational and research services showing excellent achievement.
Tainan State Hospital was founded by the Japanese government in 1896. In 1945 the Taiwan government took it back from the Japanese government and Tainan State Hospital was renamed “Taiwan Provincial Tainan Hospital” and became a government provincial hospital. In 1999, the management of Tainan Hospital was transferred to the Department of Health, Executive Yuan from the provincial government. It was renamed “Tainan Hospital, Department of Health, Executive Yuan”. To offer better services in Tainan County, we were assigned to build and operate the Xinhua Branch under the Health policy of the Department of Health in March 1999.
Taipei Veterans General Hospital is a national first-class medical center and a teaching hospital that provides tertiary patient care, undergraduate medical education programs and residency programs in Taiwan. It was founded in 1958 and administered by the Veterans Affairs Council
Started in the end of 1950s, Occupational therapy is a branch of the development of rehabilitation medicine in Taiwan. The School and Institute of Occupational Therapy of National Taiwan University is the first educational program on occupational therapy in Taiwan. With the collaborative effects of the past and current chairman and colleagues, there are around 600 students graduated from this school. These graduates of our School have devoted to occupational therapy or related field in Taiwan or overseas and contributed to the quality of occupational therapy service and the educational standards of occupational therapy profession.
The Department of nursing established in 1989, offers a four-year baccalaureate program with an emphasis on creativity and disseminating knowledge necessary for providing nursing services to clients of different backgrounds. Both didactic and clinical courses provide students opportunities to learn and to explore the bebefits of the nursing profession. The graduate program in nursing established in 1999, Offers five graduate level options:adult health nursing, psychiatric & mental health nursing, maternal & pediatric nursing, community health nursing, and nursing administration.Over 639 undergraduate and 139 graduate students are currently enrolled. serves as the department chair person.Faculty are activity involved in clinical practice and wffing edge research initative.The Department has been awarded frequent National Science Council Grant for its research programs.
In pursuit to provide the people of Taiwan with high quality healthcare, Formosa Plastic Group Chairman Yung-Ching Wang and President Yung-Tsai Wang established Chang Gung Memorial.Hospital (CGMH) in 1976 in memory of their father,Mr.Chang-Gung Wang. During the early periods of its establishment, CGMH had played the role as a mediating center that introduced modern medical knowledge and technologies from around the world to Taiwan, now it aspires tobecome a world class medical center. Our physicians, nursing staffs and medical allies work closely as a team to provide our patients with complete physical, psychological and social care.
The College of Public Health holds its own academic gravity, with teaching and research activities involving disciplines not only in natural and biological sciences but also in humanities and social sciences. The essence of public health dictates that we are concerned greatly about, the health rights of the people and pursue the ultimate goal of health for all. Our endeavors have been focused on disease prevention and health promotion, environmental protection and sustainable development, and the operating and management of health care industry.
There are currently a total of 11 full-time faculty members contributed to the teaching and research of OT related specialty, such as OT for physical disabilities, OT for pediatric clients, OT for psychiatric clients, community-based OT, aging, and neuroimaging. This Department also owns up-to-date teaching and research facilities. The present teaching space is approximately over 700 ping. The facilities include the one way mirror room, the children evaluation and treatment practice room, the behavior evaluation and treatment room, the perception disorder room, the occupational therapy practice room, the group therapy practice room, and several discussion rooms. The teaching and research facilities have been continually expanded and improved for educating excellent students and occupational therapists.
This Branch hospital is also the Taipei City Psychiatric Center. This is the head public hospital in Taipei city for psychiatry since 1969. This is also the biggest training center in Taiwan.
Chiayi Branch, Taichung Veterans General Hospital, Veterans Affairs Commission, Executive Yuan. (VHCY) has provided medical care for veterans and their families for more than 40 years. In 1994, it became an official healthcare provider of the Bureau of National Health Insurance in 1994. In July 2002, VHCY was made a regional and Academic Hospital the Department of Health, Executive Yuan, R.O.C. and thus became one of the most prestigious hospitals in Chiayi
The former institute of the National Defense Medical Center, established by Yuan Shikai in Tianjin, China in 1902, was recognized as the first military school in Chinese history. This center was the amalgamation of the Army Medical College, the Wartime Health Personnel Training Center and its 13 branches in Shanghai, China on June 1, 1947, and later, in 1949, moved to Taipei, Taiwan. Following the annexation of the Tri-Service General Hospital, a total integration of basic and clinic department was achieved in 1983. In October, 1999, the school moved to the Neihu District of Taipei; in the next year, the Tri-Service General Hospital, the affiliated hospital, also moved to Neihu, where they were renamed collectively as the National Defense Medical Center.
The Linkou Chang Gung Memorial Hospital also known as Chang Gung Memorial Hospital or "Chang Gung Hospital", is a hospital located in Guishan District, Taoyuan City, Taiwan. It is part of the Chang Gung Medical Foundation hospital network.
Currently, the CSMU consists of five colleges, which are College of Medicine, College of Oral Medicine, College of Medical Sciences and Technology, College of Health Care and Management, College of Medical Humanities and Social Sciences. There are 21 academic departments and 18 graduate institutes. We have about 450 full-time faculty, 250 part-time faculty, and 260 staffs working on campus. And about 7,566 undergraduate and graduate students are enrolled.
In addition, as a medical university, we have five affiliated hospital districts --- Da-Ching District, Chung-Kang District, Wen-Hsin District and Chung-Shing District. Each district has its own specialties and the state-of-the-art clinical facilities, e.g. the first PET scanning machine in Taiwan.
China Medical University (CMU) was established as China Medical College on June 6, 1958 and transformed itself into China Medical University in 2003. It is the first academic institution in Taiwan where Chinese medicine and pharmacy programs are provided. The university has steadily grown to its present position as one of the foremost medical universities in Taiwan. The university has two major campuses, Taichung (including Wuquan and Ankang) and Beigang.